The Farmhouse

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Carriage House Update

Is is "normal" to love a garage?  I sure hope so, because, I love my garage.  Maybe it's because I lived without one through the most hideous of winters, but I really , really am enjoying our garage!  It is not totally finished, but it is totally functional and that's all I care about at this point.


Jason did a great job of reusing the existing brick and creating a center panel.  We still need to paint the new wood to match the rest of the structure.  He also created an opening on the side closer to the house.


We removed the brick and siding and added a door.  Notice the window above the door.  I like how he used half of the existing window.  Sort of like a transom. This too, has to be painted.  We also added the step and matched it to the existing walkway.


Hard to see with the snow, but it matches perfectly.  The final step will be paving the area in front of the garage.  The house originally had cobble stones, while pretty to look at, they were dangerous to walk on.  Wes tore them up last fall and put down asphalt millings.  We will pave when the weather warms up. I can't wait to pave because the milling are a mess!! Whenever they get wet , which is all of the time, they get tracked in the house by dogs and people alike.  Yuk!

I have been experimenting with Transferring the French Typography I told you about last time.  This is my latest effort.


The Mod Podge method did not work for me, so I hand painted the image with the help of graphite tracing paper.  This is an old side table that is pretty beat up, but I like the way it turned out.


I am now exploring the world of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  Stay tuned!  This may prove to be amusing.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment