The Farmhouse

Monday, March 17, 2014

The Down Side of Downsizing


Yes, it's cozy.  Yes, it's charming.  Yes, it's Unique.  Yes it's SMALL.  I am starting to feel the squeeze.  Why all of the sudden am I noticing how small our Farmhouse is?  Two words.  The Flu.  It seems poor Cliff has come down with the flu.  Yes mom - he got the flu shot! So naturally this affects me - after all, isn't it all about me anyway?  It all started innocently enough a few nights ago.  He had a few coughing spells, but felt OK.  That night every 36 seconds he coughed and I woke up (me...again).  Bad night.  Last night he started to feel sick and now full blown flu symptoms. Fever, chills, coughing  and moaning "why me."  So where's a man to go in this tiny place?  Well right now he's camped out on the sofa spreading germs on the remote.  He slept on the sofa last night, but I can't ask him to do that again in his weakened state.  Can I? I know, I know. I will give him the bed and I will go sleep on the slanting sofa bed upstairs. This is the down side of living in a smaller space.  There is nowhere to hide. I also noticed this phenomenon this past weekend when Josh came to visit.  A 6'2" man-child and his 65 pound puppy.  Throw in a 70 pound Golden Retriever and this place gets real small.  And I'll let you in on a secret....he may be moving home!  Josh has decided he wants to save money for a house.  Isn't that Great!  Fantastic!  Help! He couldn't of decided this before he got a Newfoundland? I remember walking around my old house, before we moved and saying how we never use these extra rooms.  Now I am yearning for just a little more space. Should we plan an addition to The Farmhouse???  I know once spring comes I will have the great outdoors, but, for now I am feeling the squeeze.

Don't think I am a bad wife, however. I am making my beloved chicken soup and I shoveled the drive and walkway.  I painted and waxed a bench for the screened in porch, too. Trying to keep busy.  Well I've got a go and get the soup off the stove.  I will be watching The Housewives Reunion upstairs tonight.
Thanks for stopping by.

Happy St. Patty's Day




No comments:

Post a Comment