The Farmhouse

Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Birthday!

This week my beloved horse, Kitty is turning 17.  Since most of you have never met her I thought I tell you a little about her.

Kitty was born in Quebec, Canada and her registered name is Bart Hemie.  While in Canada, Kitty learned to pull a cart as well as being a riding horse.  Kitty is a rare breed called The Canadian Horse or Cheval Canadien.  There are only a few thousand of these horses left in the world.  The Canadian  Horse is very hardy , with great feet and usually are black in color.  I purchased her from a farm where she taught children how to ride. She is very people friendly, but, this girl is very picky about her equine friends! She is the Boss Mare and I admire her gumption!!



I love this horse.  Is that weird?  She is my friend, my therapist and my child.  I never have a bad day with her.  We might have a different opinion on some things, but I always leave her feeling happy. My favorite thing to do with Kitty is to go trail riding.  She is an excellent trail horse and very sure-footed, too.


I think she is quite beautiful . I consider myself so lucky to have an animal friend that brings me such joy!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment