The Farmhouse

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Random Thoughts and Big Moves

We are well into summer and we are still working here at the Farmhouse.  Today we decided to wash down the wood siding on the Carriage House.  It got really dirty during construction.  Cliff asked Josh if he would like to do it, he said,"Not really." Shocking!  Cliff started washing and I jumped in and said I would do it, as I thought it would be a good work out for my less than toned arms.  I was right! 


See the dirt on the left side? The right has been washed.

Here is Cliff before I took over.  I started washing and he stood back and "critiqued" my work.  I told him to go play golf and let me wash the house! Sometimes it's best to work alone.  Ya know?

After I cleaned up from my house washing I took Bella for a stroll and took my camera with me.  I found a few things that I find interesting in my hood.


My honeysuckle vine is really growing on the arbor.  It's almost at the top.  I love this!


Wineberries are growing down the lane.  I like to stop and pop a few in my mouth as I walk along.


These Tiger Lilly's were planted by the previous owner, they surround the Carriage House on two sides.


I don't know why, but when the gates close for the night I feel a sense of security.  It's like the neighborhood is all tucked in for the night.
So, Josh has some exciting news.  He's moving to California next week.  I am very sad about him moving, but it is something he really wants to do.  He started thinking of going west last summer, but he got a Newfoundland instead.  We all know how that turned out...so now that he is "free" he is going to try California.  He leaves next week.  He is driving cross country with a friend. I guess he can't sit around The Farmhouse playing Candy Crush all day....can he?

He got me started on this stupid game and now he is obsessed with passing Level 70.  Needless to say we will miss him.  I have loved having him live here for the past month and a half, but, my rational mind knows it's not where a 25 year old man-child should be.  He needs to do this and I have agreed not to beg him to stay. Maybe we should have kept Fletcher? 

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment