The Farmhouse

Friday, September 5, 2014

Who Are We?

Last evening as I watched my husband haul rocks from the stream bed, I started wondering who we are.  Or I should say who are we becoming?  Cliff has decided to build a low stone wall around the Carriage House.  He is using rocks from the stream by our house.  Every day for the past week he has gone and "mined" for rocks.  His term, not mine.  I must say he is doing a fine job.  In fact he has even come up with a title for this project.  Are you ready for this? Gardening Off  The Grid.  Why "off the grid" you may ask.  Well I will try to explain.  He has only used rocks and mulch from our property. No outside sources for this pioneer.   This got me thinking.  Are we turning into those Birkenstock wearing, granola eating folks we snicker at?  While my beloved is out "mining", I am fanatically sewing pillows on my dining room table. Am I turning Amish?  I mean I do ride a horse and sometimes I like to wear a really long skirt.  Oh wait - I use electricity to sew.  Never mind that thought. But seriously, what is leading us to take on such old fashioned projects?  Is it The Farmhouse?  Have we taken the whole Farmhouse thing too far? I have even been thinking of learning to spin yarn. And play the harp!

Here is Cliff's handy work so far.



The mulch pile is from the tree we had removed last fall.


Here is the "miner".


And of course what would a blog be without my crafts.  I have a new pillow theme. Foxes.
 I get a kick out of foxes dressed as fox hunters.  I know - crazy - right?  Well I've got to go and put up some canned goods before the storm rolls in.  What is happening here?

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment