The Farmhouse

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Random Revelations

Thank you for letting me vent in my last post. Things are on an upswing now that we have sun and much warmer temps! Spring is in the air and definitely puts me in a better mood. I am happy to report that my pillow business is going gang gangbusters! Two whole pillows have been ordered. I know - it is VERY exciting. At this rate Cliff can retire when he is 150! I took the rest of the pillows down to Maryland Saddlery today. Believe it or not the lovely saleswoman asked me to make her a burlap pillow for her porch. 
I just ran over to Whole Foods to buy some salmon for dinner. When I came out of the store I was shocked when I saw my parking job. I was basically parked sideways in a head in spot. I had to shake my head at myself. I had a revelation : I am a bad driver. I think. Well, I know. A few weeks ago as I was pulling into yet another parking spot I hit the car next to me. I couldn't believe it. I basically transferred paint from my car on to her car. No dents, but, damage none the less. At first I blamed my car (stupid, I know), I got a new car in the fall and it is definitely a bit bigger than my previous Jeep. I now have come to grips with the fact that I am just not a good driver. This is disheartening since I have been driving for 40 years. I should be good at this by now. I don't know what to do with this revelation. Do I take driving lessons? Get a chauffeur? Maybe I will try harder to be a better driver. Does any of this have to do with The Farmhouse? Well - no, but sometimes I need a little "me" time. And what I have learned from this me time is that driving and selling pillows are not my strong suit.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment